Beef & Broccoli with Brown Rice & Mango Slices
- Beef: 1 lb. top round beef for fajitas or stir fry (Cut into strips, then in halves)
- 1/2 cup rye or brown rice flour
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder (or 2 cloves garlic, chopped)
- 1/4 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Season beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder; lightly dust seasoned beef with flour.
- Sauté onions & brown beef in oil over medium-high heat (about 6 minutes).
- Reduce heat, add water, and drizzle oyster sauce over mixture. Simmer over low heat until cooked through and onions become opaque, beef is tender and thoroughly cooked in about 20-25 mins.
Serve over steamed brown rice cooked according to package instructions.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Remove broccoli crowns from the large stalks and break them into small bite-sized florets.
- Add a 1/2 cup water (about 1 inch) to a medium sauce pan. Place steamer basket on top of sauce pan, add washed broccoli florets to steamed basket. Cover and steam 4-5 minutes until broccoli becomes bright green and firm but tender when pierced with a fork. No steamer pan? Place washed broccoli florets directly into water.
- Remove steamer basket (or broccoli from water), sprinkle broccoli with salt and pepper.
- Serve with beef and gravy over rice. Add sliced, ripe mango to the meal for a refreshing savory and sweet combo. Always a great pairing!
Asian Style Beef with Asparagus
- In a small bowl, combine the teriyaki (marinade sauce), broth, and chili garlic paste, and garlic. Set aside.
- In a skillet over high heat, warm the oil. Brown the steak and push to side. Add asparagus and green beans to steak and cook for 3 minutes or until the asparagus and green beans are bright green, crisp, and tender.
- Add the marinade sauce, tomatoes and scallions to mixture, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 minute. Serve.